Open Call For Submissions
Hello Fashion Artists and Designers – Mel Boteri is looking for emerging, fresh talent to help us create the next “IT” bag! Build your portfolio as you watch your design go from concept, to production, to sales under the direction of an established, luxury brand.
How To Submit
Please email email@example.com. Submissions will be accepted from now until September 1st, 2018 (extended to Wednesday, September 5th!!). Here are the requirements:
1. Send us at least one high quality photo of your design sketch or idea rendering on a white background.
2. You may send us more than one design, but please submit each separately.
3. Let us know a bit about you. With your submission please include: your full name, a valid email address and phone number where we can contact you, a quick bio/artist statement, and the inspiration behind your design.
The Rules and Selection Process
1. By submitting your design(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org, you confirm that you have read and agree to these official rules and terms.
2. You must be based in the U.S.
3. You must be at least 18 years of age or older as of September 1, 2018 and have the capacity to sign a freelancer/independent contractor agreement.
4. As part of the independent contractor agreement, you must be willing to transfer ownership of your handbag design (the work) to Mel Boteri, LLC. See "Why You Should Enter" below for compensation and payment terms.
5. All works submitted must be original designs and in no way violate or infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party.
6. You agree to the use of your name, entry and artist bio on melboteri.com as well as any Mel Boteri social media pages including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
7. Our team of judges will declare three finalists, to be announced Monday, September 10, 2018. We will then put these designs out to the public for our fans, clients and friends to help us select the winning design.
Our Top 3 are now live!! Vote here -> melb.co/MBOpenCallVote
The winner will be announced Friday, September 14, 2018.
Congratulations to our winner!! -> melb.co/MBWinningDesign
Why You Should Enter
1.Build your portfolio as you watch your design go from concept, to production, to sales under the direction of an already established, luxury brand.
2. The winning design will become a permanent part of our collection and sold through our online, retail and wholesale channels.
3. You and your winning design will be part of our marketing campaign directed by Atlanta's top creatives and including but not limited to a professional video production, photo shoot, social media blasts, and more - all of which you can share and use as part of your own design portfolio.
4. Compensation for the winning design will be $500 payable no later than September 15, 2018 contingent on the signing of all required agreements including but not limited to the independent contractor agreement.