Getting tired of your cool cotton shirts?? The perfect silk blouse can be just as versatile when used as the centerpiece for everything from work week looks, to modern boho and everything in between!! Thin, soft and breezy, silk will help you create outfits that highlight your femininity and keep you looking chic.
Here’s how we suggest you incorporate silk into your wardrobe, so you can remain cool and comfortable while never sacrificing your personal style.
THE SILK BLOUSE: GIRLBOSS
When you're dreading the work day ahead, give your office attire some flair with a beautiful silk top. Opt for solid colors in formal settings, and floral prints and geometric patterns if you have a more relaxed work environment.
During the summer months opt for short sleeved or sleeveless variations, and combine them with chic pants or a pencil skirt. We love the #GirlBoss attitude of Jane from FitFabFunMom on her blog post for Spring Work Outfits. Click on her look below to check it out!!
1. MICHAEL KORS Skinny Pants 2. TORY BURCH Floral Print Shirt 3. LARDINI Double Breasted Blazer 4. DIOR Sunglasses 5. J.CREW Pumps 6. ANITA KO Bracelet 7. ILEANA MAKRI Necklace 8. LARKSPUR & HAWK Earrings 9. ANITA KO Bracelet 10. MEL BOTERI Black Saffiano Leather Tote
THE SILK BLOUSE: MODERN BOHO
You know we love a good boho look, so let the silk blouse make it's way into your weekend wardrobe. Casual skirts or lace shorts look fabulous with silk tops and some amazing accessories. Add a wide-brimmed hat (sunburns are not chic!) and a fabulous fringed bag to complete the look. This outfit is another great option for music festivals - it's colorful, casual and expresses your femininity!!
Molly, blogger and co-founder of A Piece of Toast, rocks her silk blouse with a comfy sweater and adorable lace shorts. I need that cape in my life!!
1. THEORY Silk Top 2. 6397 Fleece Poncho 3. VERSACE Watch 4. PEARLS BEFORE SWINE Ring 5. PEARLS BEFORE SWINE Ring 6. MEL BOTERI Leather Pouch 7. THOMAS WYLDE Shorts 8. WENDY NICHOL Ring 9. WOUTERS & HENDRIX Bangle 10. MARIE HELENE DE TAILLAC Thin Bangle 11. GIANVITO ROSSI Suede Pumps 12. WENDY NICHOL Ring 13. IPPOLITA Bracelet
THE SILK BLOUSE: MINIMALIST
If "less is more" is your go-to principle, then you'll love this minimalist approach. Go for a simple and patternless blouse as the base, and let your body tell the story. A fierce pair of shoes never hurt anyone, and they are a great way to keep this look from getting boring. Stay away from the edge with simple and dainty jewels. Christina, of Christina's Style, shows us how to balance it all perfectly!!
1. ISABEL MARANT Watch 2. MARC BY MARC JACOBS Top 3. RAY-BAN Sunglasses 4. CURRENT/ELLIOTT Denim Shorts 5. INEZ AND VINOODH Ring 6. NATASHA ZINKO Bracelet 7. TAMARA MELLON Sandals 8. MEL BOTERI Black Convertible Clutch 9. VERSACE Belt
THE SILK BLOUSE: SUGAR AND SPICE
I love a good juxtaposition, and mixing soft patterns with hard silhouettes is right up my alley. Pair a floral top with a spunky blazer and rockstar shoes. The softness of the blouse brings out a feminine side to your edginess that will satisfy even the toughest fashion critic.
I am totally obsessing over Cathy from The Middle Page's dinner with friends look, because you can easily take this and go from day-to-night with a quick change of shoes!!
1. EQUIPMENT Floral Shirt 2. THEORY Elkaey Blazer 3. ILEANA MAKRI Earrings 4. AIMEE.AIMER Ring 5. ILEANA MAKRI Ring 6. FRAME DENIM Jeans 7. VALENTINO Pumps 8. ROSA MARIA Ring 9. MEL BOTERI Black Convertible Clutch
THE SILK BLOUSE: ELEGANTLY CLASSIC
Silk is a very refined and delicate fabric, making it the perfect option for when you are seeking a touch of sophisticated elegance. Invest in a high quality, basic top with clean lines and you will have a piece that you can wear for years to come. Accessorize with interesting details to let your personal style shine through.
We love how Malena of Fashion Container topped off her elegantly classic style with a floppy hat, making this the perfect look for a summer evening stroll.
1. JUAN CARLOS Skirt 2. PIAMITA Shirt 3. MELISSA ODABASH Hat 4. IAM BY ILEANA MAKRI Necklace 5. MICHAEL KORS Watch 6. SCOSHA Ring 7. MIU MIU Sandals 8. MEL BOTERI Metallic Snake-Effect Leather Shoulder Bag
I hope these ideas have inspired you to remix your silk style. I would love to know, which of these five is your favorite?? I, for one, am looking forward to trying a little sugar and spice.
Please share your comments below, or share socially using #BestDressedMB and #MYMB.