The first official day of summer is right around the corner, so it's time to start making space in our wardrobes for all the warm-weather staples. From blousy tops to tropical prints, here are the top 5 summer trends to help you cope with the rising temps in style.
SUMMER TRENDS - THE LOOSE SILK BLOUSE
1. MIU MIU Cat Eye Sunglasses 2. BURBERRY Washed-Silk Shirt 3. SHRIMPS Silk-Satin Shirt 4. MEL BOTERI Navy Saffiano Leather Clutch 5. VICTORIA BECKHAM Denim Straight-Leg Pants 6. GIANVITO ROSSI Leather Pumps 7. KENNETH JAY Faux-Pearl Cuff 8. LELE SADOUGHI Faux-Pearl Bracelet 9. VALENTINO Linen-Blend Shorts 10. J.CREW + SOPHIA WEBSTER Pumps
Silk blouses and other variations of this feminine cut were the star items in the spring/summer 2015 collections of fashion brands like Chloe, Matthew Williamson, and Rochas. Replace your classic white oxford with a blousy top in romantic and delicate materials. Earn style points by wearing yours to the office with a pencil skirt or slacks, or go more casual-chic with linen shorts and strappy pumps.
SUMMER TRENDS - THE POP OF COLOR DRESS
1. ERIKA CAVALLINI Semi Couture T-Shirt Dress 2. ARME DE L'AMOUR Chevron Ring 3. P.A.R.O.S.H. Flared Dress 4. PREEN BY THORNTON Midi Dress 5. VALENTINO Sagittarius Necklace 6. L'AUTRE CHOSE Sleeveless Dress 7. PROENZA SCHOOULER Color-Block Sandals 8. MEL BOTERI White Croc-Embossed Leather Pouch 9. MEL BOTERI Midnight Blue Croc-Embossed Suede Leather Pouch 10. ÁLVARO Crocodile Sandals
Take a cue from Malena Permentier of the Fashion Container as she travels through Budapest, and you'll see that it's impossible not to feel incredibly elegant and sensual in a bright midi dress no matter where you are. A dress is, after all, the absolute definition of femininity, so it would be a shame not to flaunt your figure in this piece during the hottest days of summer!!
SUMMER TRENDS - BOYFRIEND DENIM
1. CHLOE Crocheted Lace Top 2. EDDIE BORGO Gold-Plated Bangle 3. CHLOE Marble Necklace 4. RAG & BONE The Boyfriend Jean 5. ÉTOILE ISABEL MARANT Embellished Top 6. MADEWELL Distressed Denim Shorts 7. CHLOE Two-tone Leather Sandals 8. MEL BOTERI Small Leather Tote 9. CHLOE Color-Block Leather Sandals 10. MEL BOTERI Burgundy-Plum Italian Leather Pouch
I love my skinny jeans just as much as the next gal looking for the perfect fit, but this summer consider replacing them with a pair of boyfriend jeans, preferably the distressed kind. Even though they are a looser-fit, boyfriend jeans can be just as, or even more sexy because they leave enough room for the imagination. Wear them with high heels for added femininity and sex appeal. When it comes to shorts, again go for a slightly distressed, looser pair which don't strangle your thighs. Wear them with an airy top, and chunky heels and you'll never go unnoticed.
SUMMER TRENDS: TROPICAL PRINTS
1. MARNI Printed Maxi Dress 2. J.CREW Braided Necklace 3. SPLENDID Voile Top 4. ROBERTO CAVALLI Maxi Skirt 5. ROBERTO CAVALLI Tropical Parrot Print Dress 6. ALEXANDER WANG Suede Sandals 7. MEL BOTERI Black Saffiano Leather Clutch 8. ALEXIS BITTAR Necklace 9. BALMAIN Kali Cutout Leather Sandals
Tropical prints are perfect anytime you want to reminisce on your seaside holiday. If you're not constrained by a rigid dress code at work, try a classic-cut maxi or fluid skirt in this funky print. Of course, you should balance it with a neutral stiletto and a simple purse. Once you find a favorite, don't hesitate to invest in pieces with the same print to add a fresh breath of air into your summer look.
SUMMER TRENDS - THE ROMPER
1. STELLA MCCARTNEY Jumpsuit 2. LOVER HEATHER Lace Halterneck Playsuit 3. IAM BY ILEANA MAKRI Ring 4. TEMPERLEY LONDON Playsuit 5. PAUL & JOE NAEMA Jumpsuit 6. MELISSA JOY MANNING Peridot Earrings 7. MEL BOTERI Floral Envelope Clutch 8. LYDIA COURTEILLE Four Leaf Clover Ring 9. MSGM Elasticated Sandals 10. BROOKE GREGSON Tsavorite Necklace 11. MEL BOTERI Matte Gold Leather Clutch
Rompers are a versatile and feminine piece of clothing, and a must-have for your summer arsenal. White or pastel versions with a minimalist design will help define your waist and make you look much taller and slimmer. But true fashionistas can try combining two of our top trends, and incorporate tropical prints into your one-piece as demonstrated by Vision's of Vogue's Jenna Colgrove below. Whether you go for a long or short romper, we suggest always wearing higher heeled shoes for added elegance.
We hope this style guide has inspired you to infuse some new looks into your warm-weather repertoire. So, which of our top 5 summer trends is your fave?? Please share your comments below, or share socially using #BestDressedMB and #MYMB.