Am I the only one who struggles to achieve the effortless and relaxed, yet on-trend look that other women seem to so easily pull off?! Smiling and carefree with their tanned skin, sun-kissed hair and fabulous clothes, these women embody the "look good, feel good" mantra, and so I decided it was time to reveal their secrets! Read on to see all I have discovered about how to achieve this look with ease...
Everyone looks great in denim, this we already know. Blue, white, black, colored or printed, jeans will always get you out of a fashion emergency and help you get the perfect embodiment of that nonchalant, irresistible street style. But true fashionistas have a few tricks up their sleeve for a denim-based look:
1. White jeans should be punctuated by a few black accents.
2. Mom jeans pair best with a fluid top.
3. Girlfriend jeans are meant to be worn with a cozy, soft sweater.
4. And the most underrated, forgotten denim? Denim shorts! Fashionistas know there is always a time and a place for a nice pair of cut-offs.
Jessie took what might otherwise be considered boring denim, and paired her shortened hem with a cool shirt, jacket and lace-up espadrilles to create a super chic look!!
PHOTO SOURCE: SEAMS FOR A DESIRE
1. MIH JEANS Cropped Skinny Jeans 2. CAROLINE CONSTAS Striped Shirt 3. VINCE Nubuck Jacket 4. STELLA MCCARTNEY Soft-cup Bra 5. SOLE SOCIETY Statement Necklace 6. MEL BOTERI Black Saffiano Leather Watson Mini Cross-Body Clutch 7. CASTANER CARINA Wedge Espadrilles
As a lover of neutrals, I tend to shy away from bold colors, but true style mavens never do! When you feel the need to take a break from the minimalism and simplicity of white and black, try fiery red, vivid yellow or celestial blue and you'll see a major difference in your style confidence. Maria is clearly at ease, yet stunningly chic in this off-the-shoulder dress in an amazing shade of red.
PHOTO SOURCE: THE WORDY GIRL
1. ISA ARFEN Off-the-shoulder Mini Dress 2. GIVENCHY Sunglasses 3. TAUDREY Tassel Earrings 4. KATE SPADE Bangle 5. MICHAEL KORS Bracelet Watch 6. TAUDREY Y-Chain Necklace 7. AQUAZZURA Leather Heels 8. TAUDREY Rings 9. MEL BOTERI Silver Snake-Effect Lola Small Shoulder Bag
CROP TOP MANIA
Last year's favorite trend, the crop top, is still going strong. And with summer right around the corner, it's totally ok to show off those abs you've worked so hard for! And if you're worried about those last few pounds lingering from winter, wear high-waisted pants with your top. For those chilly nights, a sweater or light jacket will still allow you to show off some skin. I LOVE Jane's skirt paired with her version of a crop top. The sliver of tummy is just enough skin!
PHOTO SOURCE: FIT FAB FUN MOM
1. TOMAS MAIER High Waist Skirt 2. ALICE + OLIVIA Cropped Cutout Top 3. MIU MIU Retro Sunglasses 4. GORJANA Stone Bracelet 5. JULES SMITH Ring Set 6. NAKAMOL Beaded Wrap Bracelet 7. CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN Leather Pumps 8. MEL BOTERI Marissa Small Tote Handbag and Shoulder Bag
Casual has taken on a whole new meaning now that sportswear has become so prevalent in our culture. You will notice celebs and fashionista's alike happily flaunting their gym clothes for a photo opp, since what they are wearing to the gym is just as fabulous as what they would wear to lunch. My tip: invest in some high-quality, stylish work-out clothes. Even if you don't frequent a gym, nice active wear is a great way to stay somewhat chic while running errands if you don't have time to throw an outfit together.
Follow Faya below for some great tips on how to always look chic in active wear!!
PHOTO SOURCE: FITNESS ON TOAST
There you go, ladies! Real tips from the pros on how to look good and feel even better.
Be sure to join me next week for a fun primer on festival fashion. And in the meantime, please leave your comments below or email us directly at email@example.com if you have any specific style questions and/or ideas for topics you would like for us to cover.
P.S. Finding yourself in a style rut?! Freshen up your look with our Fashion Archives here >> http://melb.co/MBStyleGuideTheArchives