The weather outside might be frightful (thanks Jonas), but this doesn't mean you have to choose between freezing your little tush off when you leave the house or looking like a bundled up snowman. Here are my suggestions for super warm and cozy looks that will have you stepping out with stylish confidence.
COAT + OVERSIZED SCARF
The classic coat and oversized scarf combo won't look boring if you choose a cool color variation like a burgundy wrap coat + plaid scarf. For added sex appeal, match it to a pair of burgundy suede pumps (or booties if you're in the northeast). I am loving these wine-inspired hues, and Jenna's look is the perfect way to add some color to your winter wardrobe!
1. MARLY'S Coat 2. BURBERRY Checked Scarf 3. IJA Skinny Cuff 4. MELINDA MARIA Hinged Cuff 5. FRAME DENIM Skinny Jeans 6. DANIEL WELLINGTON Watch 7. MEL BOTERI Black Saffiano Leather Watson Tote 8. STUART WEITZMAN Pumps
A super cozy, extremely fashionable variation (and my personal fave) is oversized knits. Avoid overloading your appearance by choosing pieces with slim silhouettes to counterbalance the natural bulk of the sweater - meaning don't pair an oversized knit with a baggy pair of boyfriend jeans. Play with volumes and add more protection against the cold by wrapping an XXL scarf around your neck. Another fun look to try if you need a little extra warmth is layering a collared shirt beneath the sweater. There is no denying Juley's look is the perfect balance of warmth and sensuality!
1. FRAME DENIM Slim Boyfriend Jeans 2. SELECTED FEMME Turtleneck 3. ALEXIS BITTAR Stack Bangle 4. VINCE CAMUTO Rings 5. JIMMY CHOO Pumps 6. CHRISTIAN DIOR Retro Sunglasses 7. MEL BOTERI Taylea Grey Suede Fringe Leather Handbag
SHORT SKIRT + FUR
The short skit + fur combo creates a super chic contrast of volumes. This is the perfect way to add a little sex appeal to a winter date night look or night out with girlfriends. Jessie always manages to pull together the perfect balance of sexy and chic!
1. THE ROW Stretch-leather Mini Skirt 2. PROENZA SCHOULER Slub Cotton-jersey Top 3. CHLOE Shearling Jacket 4. NADRI Ring 5. NADRI Band Ring 6. LANVIN Suede Pumps 7. PRADA Gradient Lens Sunglasses 8. MEL BOTERI Grey Saffiano Leather Watson Mini Cross-Body
JEANS, BOOTS + SWEATER
Jeans, boots + a knitted sweater creates an effortlessly cool look, especially if you throw a plaid shirt into the mix. If you want to add a touch of femininity, opt for an oversized necklace. MEL'S TIP: choose a necklace with vertical lines that elongate the body. Jane's statement piece might be close to the neck, but the pointed silhouette adds length to her sweater.
1. PHILIPP PLEIN Boyfriend Jeans 2. R13 Oversized Plaid Shirt 3. VALENTINO Jumper 4. PANACEA Stone Pendant Collar Necklace 5. MEL BOTERI Marissa Small Tote 6. ALEXANDER WANG Cutout Suede Ankle Boots 7. PRADA Sunglasses
LONG COAT + SKINNY JEANS
You can balance out the bulky appearance of a long coat if you wear it with a pair of skinny pants. Choose a fresh color for the coat, such as blush pink, for some added femininity. Sarah hit this look out of the park!!
1. STELLA MCCARTNEY Wool-blend Coat 2. VICTORIA BECKHAM Superskinny Jeans 3. PROENZA SCHOULER Striped Slub Top 4. RAY-BAN Aviator Sunglasses 5. NADRI Ring 6. MEL BOTERI Black Saffiano Emmy Convertible Clutch 7. VINCE Slip-On Sneaker
This chilly weather has us all wishing we could stay bundled up inside, but when life summons and you must leave the house be sure to use one of these stylish tips to stay warm + chic.
Until next week!!